Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quick Quizz - Why are they fighting?

Hey folks - we'll get back to Peru as soon as I can squeeze a little time but meanwhile thought I'd keep you on your toes with this one. Look at this series of photos of a Loggerhead Kingbird and a Northern Mockingbird and see if you can figure out what they are fighting about (then scroll down for the answer)




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The answer is a katydid (just behind the dead palm frond) - if you spotted this, well done! if not, I cropped out the katydid below


The Northern Mockingbird got the tasty morsel on this occasion...

1 comment:

  1. I did not spot this.All I saw was a piece of a branch,not worth fighting about,in my opinion. I like the feather detail in the last picture.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

 
Nature Blog Network Birdwatching Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites